I've always been a thinker more than a doer when it comes to Warhammer, mostly because I lack the space and the time to pursue each and every idea for an army that I have. But that doesn't stop me (and it shouldn't stop anybody) from having ideas. So, here is a run down of most of the things I came up with. Some of them might see realization, most of them probably won't, so feel free to nick them if any one strikes your fancy.
- A "lizardmen" army, with the 'under the sea theme'. Models from the ogre range mixed with tyranids (no legs!) and some reptile heads, basically something akin to the naga of Warcraft. Army list to use - Ogre Kingdoms.
- A mercenary army. Long time ago there was an army book for the Dogs of War. It it, you could have found units as diverse as ogres, lizardmen, Chaos marauders and orcs, to name just a few, in one army list. This is what I've always envisioned a mercenary company to be: your race doesn't matter, as long as you're able and willing to fight. So, I'm thinking pikemen (of course!), some halflings, maybe even elves. Army list to use - The Empire.
- A bretonnian force following an actual knightly order from the late middle ages, most likely from Spain. Knights of Santiago come to mind.
- A Mortis Engine and/or Coven Throne (from the VC army list) made from scratch. This actually might see fruition.
- A winter-Egyptian themed Necron army.
- A medieval-themed Space Marine force, most likely using the Space Wolves army list due to the abundance of close combat specialists there.
- A dark eldar force with cybergoth aesthetics. Think very striking color contrasts and neon lights. As long as you see Tron with a much darker, sinister feel you won't go far wrong.
- A plague-winter themed Vampire Counts or Tomb Kings army.
- A High Elf force with Oriental aesthetics. Think Ulthuan meets the 1001 Nights.
- A Wood Elf army with a very strong 'folk' theme. Out with the misshapen treemen and dryads, and the wackily-armored elves we have now and in with centaurs, satyrs and so on. And hooded and cloaked archers, definitely.
- And maybe even some Warmachine or Hordes!
There you have it folks. I'm sure I'm not the only one having more ideas than sense in this hobby. What do you think about these? Maybe you can share yours? Would love to hear from you.